We at North Park Theological Seminary seek to be a community of Christ followers who pray not only for our own needs but who intervene on behalf of our greater community, the Church, our city, our country, and our world.
The joys and concerns listed on this page, will be up for 2 weeks unless you request otherwise. You can use the form at the bottom of the page to submit a prayer request.
- We celebrate the start of a new school year and are grateful for the opportunity for new students to come and study
- Lord have mercy…we grieve the mass shooting in Las Vegas on Sunday night and pray for all the victims. May the God of Comfort be with the families of those who have died, the Prince of Peace be with those who survived and witnessed the violence, and may the Spirit of the Living God move and act with power to redeem the brokenness of this day and the terror of this world. Amen.
- We grieve the loss of ECC missionaries and pray for our God of comfort and grace to be near their families and communities:
- We pray for all those effected by the hurricanes and earthquakes. May God redeem what has been lost, and restore all that has been broken. We pray for our missionaries and Covenant churches in the affected areas and praise God for his provision over them and ask that he sustain them and work through them within their communities. If you would like to give funds to help with disaster relief, you can give confidently through Covenant World Relief, knowing the money will go to where it is needed most.
- We pray specifically for those in Puerto Rico who are still struggling to survive in the current conditions. May families be reunited and loved ones found.
- We pray for the Covenant church in Mexico and their President, Marisol Martinez. May God give her wisdom and strength to lead the church in the face of disaster.
- We lift up Jon Fogel and his family as they grieve the loss of his father Stephen Fogel. May the peace and comfort of God rest upon them and may they know the hands and feet of Jesus through the community around them.
- We pray for the civil unrest in our country and denounce hate-filled violence. We ask that God break down walls of division.